Reporting Changes Yourself
Reporting online changes to your Covered California application can be a tricky business. We recommend getting a certified health insurance agent to help you, or calling Covered California. However, for those of you who are DIY (Do-It-Yourself) you can use the instructions below, but proceed cautiously. If at point you are unsure you can always reach out for assistance by calling Covered California at 1-800-300-1506.
Once you have completed how to start the process of reporting a change, you can follow the step-by-step direction using the screen slides or the manual instructions below.
- On the home page of your online account select Report a Change.
- Click the Edit button next to the section that you want to change, like contact information or household income. If you want to add a new household member you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Make the desired changes to your information and click on Return to Summary or Continue. You will return to the Report a Change Summary page where you can see your updated information. Click Edit in any other sections that need changes, or, if you are finished, scroll to the bottom and click Continue.
- Fill out the Application Signature for Reported Changes page:
- If you have had a qualifying life event within the last 60 days, select the type of qualifying event and the event date, otherwise, select none of the above.
- Supply the requested information in the Your Changes section.
- Check the agreement boxes and type in your full name for your signature and include your pin number, and then click on Submit.
- Your eligibility will be re-determined based on the changes you submitted, and will show what you now qualify for. Review to see if you are required to submit any documents.
- Click Continue Health Plan Update. The Household Enrollment Introduction/Summary page will appear. Depending on the type of changes you reported you may have to re-select your current health plan or select a new plan.
- Click Choose Health Plan. Depending on your reported changes, you will then be given the option to either keep your same plan or to view and shop all plans. If you need assistance going over plan options, you can call your insurance agent or our team of agents at 1-707-571-7590.
- Follow the steps to keep or choose a new plan by proceeding all the way through the shopping cart and checkout, checking agreements, completing the signature page, and clicking on Enroll and Continue.
- You may then have an option to decline or enroll on a dental plan.
- Review your enrollment eligibility. Return to your home page, and then click on the Summary check box. On the left hand side, click on the Current Enrollment tab, and your Current Enrollment page will display where you can review your current coverage. If your Current Enrollment page does not display correct information, call Covered CA right away.
Helpful Tips for Reporting Changes to Covered CA is also a great resource to check out.