Notice: Undefined variable: route in /var/www/html/ on line 310

How to Bring Back Dental After It’s Already Declined on a Covered California Application

Unfortunately, there is no way to bring back the Covered California dental plan option. If you have already declined dental and you change your mind, you can purchase a stand-alone dental plan. If you have Anthem Blue Cross or Blue Shield for a health plan (or if you don’t), you can purchase a stand-alone dental policy through them. Some people like having one carrier for both health and dental. These two may be the only carriers in the California State Exchange (Covered California) that offer dental.

If the dental was declined due to an error on the part of your agent, then your agent can terminate the application and re-submit under a different case number which will then give you the option to select the dental. This would be a very rare occurrence and on a case by case basis.