Covered California Sends 1095-A Reminder Notices
Posted: March 06, 2017
by Wendy Barnett
Near the end of February, Covered California sent out notices to members receiving tax credits as reminders that they should have received an important tax document – their IRS Form 1095-A.
Information in the Covered CA notice includes:
- Where to call if you did not receive your 1095-A (1-800-989-2199)
- Why you need your 1095-A form
- Whether or not you can file your taxes without your 1095-A
- Information about reconciling your Tax Credit
- How you may be able to receive free tax preparation help
Check your e-mail for a Covered California notice that looks like this:
IRS form 1095-A should’ve been received by January 31st or shortly after that.
- Lost your 1095-A? View and print this form online by logging into your Covered CA account
- Never logged in online before? Check out How to access your Covered CA application online
- Enrollees who need assistance with accessing their Covered CA account or who have questions about their 1095-A can call Covered CA at 1-800-300-1506
- Check to see if you qualify for free tax help through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance website
Not sure how Obamacare affects your health care plans in California? Learn how the ACA works in California, including benefits, costs and enrollment.
Covered California is the Golden State’s official health exchange marketplace where individuals, families and small businesses can find high-quality, low-cost California government health insurance.
Learn about Obamacare income guidelines in California using our income limits chart, and see if you’re eligible for government assistance.
Learn about the Covered California website. Find easy online enrollment. Set up your account, log in, buy insurance and more on the California health marketplace website.