Children’s Dental Insurance Plans
Purchasing children’s dental insurance helps you ensure your kids have access to the professional care they need. Quality dental care promotes a lifetime of bright smiles and healthy teeth.
A child with good dental health has an easier time playing, sleeping, speaking, eating, going to school and staying focused in class. Investing in a solid dental insurance plan for your child is part of the solution to safeguarding their dental health.
A good dental insurance plan for children provides the following services:
- Advice on nutrition, flossing and brushing
- Identification of bite issues and the potential need for braces
- Emergency help for accidents involving teeth or toothaches
- X-rays and exams to find and prevent potential problems
- Fluoride treatments for cavity prevention
Children’s Dental Coverage Carriers
Many California health insurance companies offer plans that provide affordable dental coverage for your child. These carriers include:
- Sharp Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Blue Shield of California
- Chinese Community Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente
- L.A. Care Health Plan
- Valley Health Plan
- Oscar Health
- Western Health Advantage
Basic Types of Dental Coverage Plans
There are two basic types of children’s dental coverage in California:
- Participating Dental Network (PDN) or Preferred Provider Organization (PPO): With PDN or PPO plans, the patient chooses the professional they want to perform their dental care, and the coverage follows.
- Dental Maintenance Organization (DMO): Under this type of plan, you will receive dental services from a primary physician. They will refer you to specialists in the network as needed and coordinate your dental care.
What to Know About Finding Dental Coverage in California
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) includes children’s dental insurance as one of its 10 essential health benefits. You’ll also find that children’s dental coverage is part of every Covered California health plan. This benefit covers:
- Major services: 50%
- Basic services: 20%
- Coinsurance on children’s orthodontics after meeting the deductible: 50%
- Oral examination and tests, X-ray and other diagnostic costs
- Periodic cleaning, sealants and other preventive costs
As an essential health benefit under the ACA, your child’s dental services will also be subject to the same regulations as your medical deductible. This care also counts toward your maximum out-of-pocket costs for your health plan. If your employer offers group health insurance, you may be able to find dental coverage through them.
Request a No-Obligation Quote for Your Child’s Dental Insurance Today
If you’re looking for dental insurance for your child, let Health for California Insurance Center help. We assist California residents in finding insurance policies through our fast, easy and accurate online application process. Our application is intuitive, and we make finding dental coverage and care for your kids simple. When you choose HFC, you’ll have free access to our agents at all times to get the service you need.
If you’re looking to switch insurance providers for your child or are an uninsured California resident, we invite you to reach out to one of our representatives at Health for California. You can also request a free dental quote today.
Not sure how Obamacare affects your health care plans in California? Learn how the ACA works in California, including benefits, costs and enrollment.
Covered California is the Golden State’s official health exchange marketplace where individuals, families and small businesses can find high-quality, low-cost California government health insurance.
Learn about Obamacare income guidelines in California using our income limits chart, and see if you’re eligible for government assistance.
Learn about the Covered California website. Find easy online enrollment. Set up your account, log in, buy insurance and more on the California health marketplace website.