Month-to-Month Health Insurance Plans
Several situations can arise where you need health insurance for a short time but don’t have access to a “permanent” plan. Perhaps you’ve been laid off from your job, and your COBRA benefits are about to expire. Maybe you’re a recent college graduate who is looking for a job and needs interim coverage, or a self-employed individual who missed the open enrollment window for Obamacare. Or, you might be a new employee who needs insurance temporarily until you’re eligible for your company’s plan.
If you’re a permanent California resident or green card holder who requires temporary health insurance for these or other reasons, Health for California can help. We offer a variety of short-term insurance plans (technically referred to as short-term health plans) that can fill your coverage gap. They also provide the flexibility to serve as month-the-month health insurance coverage. You don’t have to make a long-term commitment, and you can cancel your plan at any time. What’s more, these plans are more affordable than most major medical insurance policies on the market.
What Month-by-Month Health Insurance Plans Do (and Do Not) Cover
Our month-to-month short-term health plans provide major medical coverage that encompasses unexpected illnesses, accidents, injuries and other health-related emergencies. They can defray much of the cost of surgeries and treatment stemming from these events, which can enable you to avoid a financial catastrophe. In general, they do not cover pre-existing medical conditions, such as cancer or heart disease. Also, they do not meet the guidelines for minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
What Are the Benefits of Purchasing a Month-to-Month Insurance Plan From Health for California?
Health for CA is pleased to offer month-to-month short-term health plans through Aliera, a leading Health Care Sharing Ministry in California. An HCSM doesn’t have to comply with many of the ACA guidelines, which means it can offer more flexibility and lower costs. Specific advantages of the plan include:
- Enroll at any time: There’s no need to wait for an annual open enrollment period, and coverage will start almost immediately upon approval.
- Pay as you go: Because it’s a month-by-month insurance plan, you only have to pay for one month of coverage at a time, which makes it easier on your budget.
- Monthly renewal: You can renew your plan each month for up to 11 months just by making the next payment when it’s due.
- Hassle-free cancellation: Cancel your plan at any time without incurring a penalty.
- Simple application process: Applying for a month-to-month short-term health plan at Health for California is fast and easy, and with the quick approval process, you won’t have to wait long for your coverage to begin.
Contact Us to Learn More About Month-to-Month Health Insurance
We’ll be happy to discuss whether a month-to-month insurance plan from Health for California is right for you and help you explore all your options. Feel free to give us a call at 1-877-752-4737 today. You can also contact us online for more information and a no-obligation quote.