Health Net Health Insurance Coverage
Health Net is one of the country’s largest managed healthcare companies, with coverage spanning all 50 states and the District of Colombia. Thirteen percent of those enrolled in California State Insurance Exchange use one of Health Net’s top carriers, Health Net Covered California. The company offers the following plans:
- Exclusive provider organization (EPO)
- Health maintenance organization (HMO)
- Preferred provider organization (PPO)
- Health care service plans (HCSP)
In 1977, Health Net of California, Health Net’s California division, started as a non-profit corporation, converting later into a for-profit company. They have been offering affordable, quality health care since then. Today, they are based in Woodland Hills, California.
Health Net is proud to be nationally awarded the National Committee of Quality Assurance’s (NCQA) Multicultural Health Care Distinction across all lines of business. It continues to advocate health care that is culturally and logistically applicable to the needs and values of all its members.
With millions of members in California alone, Health Net’s network offers something for everyone. Health Net Covered California plans are available in much of California.
As of 2015, Health Net Covered California enrollees can access University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) hospitals and doctors by selecting the Small Group Health Net PPO on all metal tiers, including Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
In 2018, Health Net brought its PPO into Sacramento, Placer, Yolo, Los Angeles, San Diego and parts of Southern California.
Its EnhancedCare PPO will give members the flexibility they expect from a PPO without all the cost. It comes with a smaller PPO network at a lower cost but still includes access to an advice nurse, virtual doctor, retail clinic and the Enhanced Care hospitals and doctors in-network. If members want to go out of network, they can, but at a higher cost. It basically puts them in the driver’s seat.
To learn more, preview Health Net’s provider network.
The Future Is Here
Licensed nurses are available to Health Net members 24/7 to assist with many concerns, including minor illnesses and injuries, advice on urgent health situations and other health questions.
Members also have access to online tools that allow them to see details about their plan and pharmacy benefits, view health screenings, change a doctor, use programs for weight management and more.
Health Net offers a variety of health education classes in English and many in Spanish.
Get a Quote for Health Net
Life is uncertain, but with the right health care package, you can enjoy greater peace of mind for whatever life throws your way. Health coverage gives you experienced, effective health care to fall back on when you need it most. Health Net health insurance coverage from Health for California is the customizable answer to your health care needs. Our mission is to help you enjoy all the benefits you can receive as a result of choosing one of our plans.
Your next step is to get a quote for Health Net insurance. Above, we mentioned the various metal tiers available. Here’s a description of the Health Net insurance plans available for a better idea of the right package for you:
- Bronze 60 Plan: As one of the most affordable options available, this plan is perfect if you want to make small monthly payments while still receiving coverage for a few checkups and some preventative care. We understand you only want to pay for what you need. If you’re a young person with no dependents, this plan could be the answer you’ve been looking for. Keep in mind that you’ll have to pay out of pocket if you need to see a specialist.
- Silver 70 Plan: After choosing the Silver Plan, you’ll make higher monthly payments than the Bronze Plan but receive more coverage benefits in return. The Silver Plan covers all the basics you could need and more for health care in California. Although, you will have to pay more when visiting the hospital or receiving outpatient surgery. Choose this plan if you’re the type of person who works hard to make sure you always have the health care you need.
- Gold 80 Plan: You’ll pay modest monthly payments after choosing the Gold Plan, and you’ll get excellent, comprehensive health care coverage as a result. You’ll enjoy low out-of-pocket costs when visiting the hospital or seeing a specialist. The lower deductible you’ll have to pay when health needs arise will allow you to save more money in the long run. And of course, saving more means having a bigger budget and more peace of mind for the future.
- Platinum 90 Plan: The Platinum Plan demands higher monthly payments, but the result is the highest level of care you can receive from Health Net. The benefits of this plan include handling emergencies, receiving preventative care and visiting the physician, all without having to pay a deductible. If you’re an individual looking to avoid out-of-pocket expenses for yourself or your family, then this plan is for you.
Request a Health Net health insurance quote today to take the next step toward obtaining high-quality health care for you and your loved ones.
Not sure how Obamacare affects your health care plans in California? Learn how the ACA works in California, including benefits, costs and enrollment.
Covered California is the Golden State’s official health exchange marketplace where individuals, families and small businesses can find high-quality, low-cost California government health insurance.
Learn about Obamacare income guidelines in California using our income limits chart, and see if you’re eligible for government assistance.
Learn about the Covered California website. Find easy online enrollment. Set up your account, log in, buy insurance and more on the California health marketplace website.