Immediate Short-Term Health Insurance Plans
If you didn’t make the ACA/ Covered California Open Enrollment Period, don’t worry. There is still an affordable health insurance plan for you.
What Is Immediate Short-Term Health Insurance?
Immediate short-term health insurance is a health plan designed to go into effect as soon as possible. This type of coverage is not meant to be used for an extended period of time, but it can be extremely helpful in certain circumstances — such as if you have a gap in your coverage and you need temporary peace of mind, if you have changed jobs or if you are unable to afford major medical insurance. In California, you can get interim coverage for 30, 60 or 90 days or six months to 11 months of coverage.
What Do Short-Term Plans Cover in California?
Through Aliera’s interim care, you’ll have the coverage you need for unplanned and unexpected medical bills. Their short-term plans cover:
- Preventative care
- Doctor office visits for illness & injury
- Urgent care
- Emergency room and ambulance
Short-term works best for injury/illness but does not cover pre-existing conditions.
Aliera offers three interim plans:
- InterimCare Value: Designed for people who are generally healthy but are looking for peace of mind.
- InterimCare Plus: Offers primary care visits, reduced prescription drugs, labs, X-rays, and hospitalization coverage
- InterimCare Premium: Multiple primary care visits, urgent care visit, X-rays, labs, and hospitalization coverage
Do I Qualify for Immediate Short-Term Health Insurance?
If you answer yes to any one of these questions, you are eligible to apply for short-term health plans.
- Did you miss the Open Enrollment Period and you didn’t qualify for special enrollment?
- Did you apply for the Covered California Health Insurance plan and are still waiting for it to start?
- Did you miss your company’s open enrollment and need temporary health insurance while you are waiting for the enrollment opening?
- Did you recently start a new job and have not yet been put under your company’s insurance plan?
- Are you under the age of 65 and are almost ready for Medicare?
- Does your job or school require you to get health insurance immediately?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, apply today and have health insurance tomorrow. Get a quote and find out how little a short term health plan may cost you.
How Can I Get Health Insurance Today?
Apply for short term health coverage today through Aliera and receive immediate short term health insurance by the next day.
How Fast Can I Get Health Insurance?
Apply for short term health coverage online today. You can use it as soon as the next day, depending on the insurance company. Most plans are approved in a short period. Coverage can start as early as midnight.
I Heard Short-Term Health Insurance Was Banned in California, Is That True?
Short term health insurance plans were banned in California on September 1, 2018. Don’t worry, AlieraCare is now the only short term plan in California. AlieraCare does not decline based on health. Short term health plans are not a solution for not having health insurance. It is to bridge the gap between health insurance enrollments.
Get short term health insurance today through Health for California.