What You Need to Apply for Group Health Insurance
Once you have received a quote and made a decision to enroll, one of our group health insurance agents will guide you through the application steps. At that time, specific application forms will be provided for you to complete for the company and employees. The process of enrolling for Group Health Insurance in California can be smooth and easy provided you have the following:
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and State Employer Identification Number (SEIN).
- A local Business License or Fictitious Name Statement. For some Corporations and Partners, a Statement of Information form may be needed.
- DE-9C Wage Report. This is the report employers submit to the Employment Development Department on a quarterly basis.
- Proof of Workers Compensation Insurance.
- Total number of employees and the status for each. For example: enrolling, waiving coverage, terminated, or part-time.
- Dependent information (if offering dependents coverage), including the dependents’ dates of birth to determine their age and premium rate. Employees should only list dependents for which they wish to purchase coverage.
- Business Application.
- Enrollment Forms for employees and owners.
- Copy of the first premium check with all fields completed. Check mailing instructions will be provided.
Note: Additional information/documents may be required depending on a variety of factors.