Where to Send Covered California Document Proofs
There are 3 ways to submit your document proofs to Covered California. There is the “OK” way which is by snail mail. The “Better” way which is by fax, and the “Best” way, which is by electronically uploading.
Our last year of experience with Covered California has proven, hands down, that the “Best” method of uploading a document electronically truly is the best and will ensure your documents are received and processed in a timely manner. Another plug for the “Best” way is that, in our day and age, handling of private, sensitive, and confidential information is of utmost concern and the most secure option is by submitting your documents the “Best” way.
Make sure and list the primary applicant’s first and last name as well as your Covered California Case Number on all your document proofs. If Covered California has provided a cover sheet to send with your proof(s), please use this as well. If you need to provide additional information that would help Covered California, submit a signed letter with your name, address, date, and case number. along with your proofs.
Mail Document Proofs to:
P.O. Box 989725
West Sacramento, CA 95798-9725
*It is not necessary to mail it with return receipt, but this may be helpful as it could take weeks for Covered California to process mailed-in documents.
Fax Documents Proofs to:
Upload Document Proofs Online:
Uploading a document online is the quickest way to provide Covered CA the proof(s) they request. Before you can upload a document, however, you must first create an account. To create an account, you will need an “access code”. To obtain an access code: Call Covered CA at 1-800-300-1506. Select the preferred language. Select option 2 for information on accessing your account, then option 0 to speak with a representative.
Once you receive the access code, follow the directions below:
- Go to www.coveredca.com
- Click “Account Sign-in”
- Click Set Up an Account (yellow button)
- Click Continue under Individual or Family
- Click the Individuals & Families box
- Click box to agree to terms and conditions
- On the next page, click Continue
- Click the check box and Continue
- Complete the page. Click ‘yes’ to “Do you have an existing case that you would like to link to this new account?”. Enter your access code.
- Follow the prompts to create a username and password.
- After you successfully create an account, you may be required to log back in.
- Login again.
- On the progress bar, click “Eligibility”.
- Follow the prompts to Submit.
For FAQ’s related to supporting documents, click here.