Proof of California Residency
See Below a List of Acceptable Documents You Can Use to Verify Proof of California Residency with Covered California
More often than not, proof of California residency is requested when you are being considered for enrollment into Medi-Cal. Eligibility for Medi-Cal is based on the fact that you are a California resident, which means they need to see a document showing this.
Below are the different types of acceptable documents that Covered California will accept as proof of California residency:
- Evidence the applicant has registered with a public or private employment agency in California
- Current California driver’s license or identification card
- Current and valid California vehicle registration form in the applicant’s name
- Evidence the applicant is employed in California
- Evidence that the applicant has enrolled his/her children in a California school
- Evidence that the applicant is receiving public assistance in California
- Voter registration form of receipt, voter notification card, or an abstract of Voter of registration.
- Current California utility bill in the applicant’s name
- Current California rent or mortgage receipt in the applicant’s name
- Other documents to support Proof of California Residency
For directions on how to submit your documents, click here.
For FAQ’s related to supporting documents, click here.