Covered California Application Questions
What information do I need to apply?
Sail through the Covered California application by having the following information handy.
Information will be requested for each person in your household regardless of whether they need coverage or not. “Household” is made up of those individuals who will be on your tax return for the current year, not last year.
The following will be requested for each person in your household:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
Immigration information (if applicable)
One of the following for each household member from a document that is NOT expired
- Legal resident card
- U.S. Passport
- Other immigration document
It will be helpful to have your most recent tax return with you to identity
- Primary tax filer (if more than one adult on the tax return)
- Tax filing status (single, married filing jointly, head of household, etc.)
- Tax dependent status (if applicable)
You will be asked to estimate expected household income for the current year, not last year’s income. To qualify for the right amount of saving it’s important to give it your best guess. To see the guidelines chart and salary levels, click Covered California Income Limits.
To do this, some of the following documents will help….
- Current pay stub(s) from an employer
- Form 1099
- Last year’s tax return if it is an accurate reflection of current income situation
- Social Security statements
- Retirement or pension income statements
- Other income documents