Agents Should Note New Covered California Log-in Restrictions and Agent Agreement Amendment
Posted: September 01, 2016
By Wendy Barnett
Covered CA implements Web Browser Log-in Restrictions
CalHEERS 16.7, the newest version of the Covered CA online application, now restricts users to one account log-in per web browser. Health Insurance Brokers in California who are certified with Covered CA or enrollment counselors will not be able to open a new browser tab or window to log-in to their account and review a number of applications simultaneously. Covered CA states “we cannot support more than one log in session open at a time.”
Covered CA Agent Agreement Amendment
Certified Covered CA Agent agreements are valid for 5 years, but when changes are made to the contract, or when annual training needs to be attested, an amendment is required to be signed.
- Agents should look for the “Covered CA Agent Agreement – 2016” to be emailed between August 31 and September 16, 2016
- Certified Insurance Agents are required by state and federal law to offer assistance to Covered CA applicants with voter registration
- Voter registration training is required annually
- Agents must self-attest that training has been completed by signing the amended Agent Agreement
- Agents should also review their contact and payment information
- In order to maintain their Covered CA certification, agents must sign or respond to the amended Agent Agreement electronically by November 1, 2016
The Covered CA Agent Agreement Amendment Quick Guide can help health insurance brokers in California with questions completing the agreement or what to do if their agent agreement is declined or terminated.