Senior Health Insurance
Are you turning 65 or becoming eligible for Medicare soon? There are a number of ways that you can supplement Original Medicare.
Or call 1-800-352-4784 for a free consultation
What are your Senior Health Insurance options?
Are you turning 65 or becoming eligible for Medicare soon? If so, you may be wondering about health insurance for seniors and the options available to you. There are a number of ways you can supplement Original Medicare.
Medicare Advantage Plans
Medicare Advantage Plans, also known as “MA Plans” or “Part C,” are offered by private, Medicare-approved companies. These plans include:
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO)
- Special Needs Plans (SNP)
- Private Fee-for-Service Plans (PFFS)
- Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans (MSA)
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO)
By enrolling in a Medicare Advantage Plan, you ensure the Medicare services you receive are covered by your plan rather than by Original Medicare. Many of these plans offer coverage for prescription drugs. This type of plan is county-specific, so you have many different options depending on where you are located in California.
Prescription Drug Plans
A Medicare Prescription Drug Plan is a drug plan that provides coverage for prescription drugs to Original Medicare, assisting with prescription drugs, vaccines, biological products and some supplies not covered by Medicare Part A and Part B. Don’t take any prescriptions? You may still want to consider purchasing a Prescription Drug Plan for future prescription needs and to avoid a penalty from the government.
Senior Health Insurance Plans From Health for California
We know there are many options and carriers when choosing your Senior Health Insurance plan. We also know how confusing it can be. That’s why Health for California is here to help make it quick and easy for you to find the right Senior Health Insurance plan for your needs. The most popular types of health insurance plans are Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze:
- Platinum 90 Plan: With a Platinum 90 Plan, you can receive coverage for emergencies, preventive care and regular physician visits without needing to pay a deductible. This is a great health insurance plan for families and individuals who want to spend less on out-of-pocket costs and have the budget for higher monthly payments.
- Gold 80 Plan: This comprehensive health insurance plan ensures you can keep your out-of-pocket costs low if you need to visit the hospital or a specialist, and you can keep your monthly payment modest. With a lower deductible, you can save more money in the long term.
- Silver 70 Plan: A Silver 70 Plan offers you average monthly payments for coverage of the basics and more. Note that if you visit the hospital or need outpatient surgery, you will likely spend more. If you work hard to make sure your health is always good, this may be the right plan for you.
- Bronze 60 Plan: A Bronze 60 Plan offers the lowest monthly payments for coverage of preventive care and some checkups. You may have to pay more to visit a specialist. If you are young, have no dependents and don’t expect to visit the doctor much, this type of plan may be right for you.
We have been serving the California Medicare-eligible population for more than 15 years now. We are a free-service brokerage that specializes in Senior Health Insurance. Our primary objective is to help you understand your Medicare options and answer all of your questions.
Get a Quote for Senior Health Insurance
At Health for California, we make it easier to understand the various health insurance options available to you and what the plans cover. With our help, you can better compare the plans and select the one that fits in your budget and meets your health needs.
While considering your plan options, you can review the rates, benefits and metallic tier choices from each of the carriers in California. You can also determine whether you are eligible for government assistance, which will get you discounted rates. The quotes we can provide include:
- The total plan cost
- The name of the carrier
- The amount you will pay
- The subsidy you are eligible for
- The plan category, such as HMO, EPO and PPO
- The plan type, including Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze
The right health insurance plan for you is out there. No insurance company can refuse to provide you coverage simply because you have a pre-existing condition, and in California, you don’t necessarily need to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for health insurance. Get a health insurance quote for senior coverage from us at Health for California today.
Not sure how Obamacare affects your health care plans in California? Learn how the ACA works in California, including benefits, costs and enrollment.
Covered California is the Golden State’s official health exchange marketplace where individuals, families and small businesses can find high-quality, low-cost California government health insurance.
Learn about Obamacare income guidelines in California using our income limits chart, and see if you’re eligible for government assistance.
Learn about the Covered California website. Find easy online enrollment. Set up your account, log in, buy insurance and more on the California health marketplace website.